Cancer Contamination Found In Los Angeles Drinking Water
It’s no secret that public drinking water can be a dangerous game. Unfortunately, our nation’s public water is often linked to dangerous chemicals, not to mention it’s potential for terrorist activity. A new public water report in the Los Angeles area that found cancer-causing contamination has rehashed all these fears.
In a city that’s attempting to thwart the use of plastic bottles, the new report is certainly a punch to the chin.
Scientists teamed up with The nonprofit Environmental Working Group to analyze at least 50,000 water utility companies nationwide.
The research exposed that many water utility companies contain dangerous bacterias that while under legal limits, are still dangerous to humans.
“Legal does not necessarily equal safe,” Sydney Evans, a science analyst at the environmental group, told Patch.
“A lot of these legal limits are outdated and not necessarily the safe level, and the EWG really wants to fill that gap,” Evans said. “The federal government has not been able to or is not willing to, set those new regulations to protect public health. We’re trying to fill the gap to let people know, based on the latest science, what the safe levels of contaminants in water are.”
One area that stood out was Redondo Beach, California, where 25 contaminates were discovered lurking in community drinking water. At least 10 of those do, in fact, go beyond EWG health guidelines. The samples were taken between 2012 and 2017.
Say NO To Censorship - LIKE Our Facebook Page
101 Back Pain Relief Tips
Here’s the public water contaminates found during the research.
- Bromodichloromethane – may cause cancer. 147 times suggested EWG levels.
- Bromoform – may cause cancer. 10 times suggested EWG levels.
- Chloroform – may cause cancer. 24 times suggested EWG levels.
- Dibromochloromethane – may cause cancer, 94 times suggested EWG levels.
- Dichloroacetic acid – may cause cancer. 11 times suggested EWG levels.
- Nitrate – may cause cancer. 2.2 times suggested EWG levels.
- Radium – may cause cancer. 6 times suggested EWG levels.
- Total Trihalomethanes – may cause cancer. 231 times suggested EWG limits.
- Trichloroacetic acid – may cause cancer. 5.7 times suggested EWG limits.
- Uranium – may cause cancer. 18 times suggested EWG limit.
There is no better time to review the best water filters available for you and your family.
Believe me, you should always be prepared for our water systems to become tainted and dangerous. Make sure you have your prepper supplies in good order.
Author: Jim Satney
PrepForThat’s Editor and lead writer for political, survival, and weather categories.