Mom Warns Parents Of Fidget Spinner Dangers After Her Daughter…
A Houston, Texas mom is getting the warnings out this morning, and that warning is to proceed with caution when it comes to fidget spinners. Kelly Rose Joniec says that her daughter was using the fidget spinner in the backseat as Joniec was driving. When she heard some awful noises coming from her daughter, she used the rear view mirror and saw that her daughter appeared to be struggling for air.
“On the way home from a fun swim meet, I heard Britton make an odd retching noise in the back seat as I was driving,” Joniec wrote in a Facebook post. “Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth.”
Doctors were initially confused as to where the fidget spinner was located. They assumed either the esophogus or the airway.
“From there we got the red-light treatment via ambulance to Texas Children’s Hospital. X-ray showed the spinner bushing lodged in her esophagus,” Joniec posted. “The GI doctor was fascinated … he’d only just learned of fidget spinners that morning when he was at the mall with his son, so it was a surprise to be faced with one in a case a few hours later. He’s also an advocate for related child safety in toys, so he took a special interest in the case.
“After multiple, very stressful attempts to place an IV, Britton was taken to surgery to endoscopically locate and remove the object. Fortunately we had a positive outcome, but it was pretty scary there for a while.”
Author: Jim Satney
PrepForThat’s Editor and lead writer for political, survival, and weather categories.
Please visit the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Like Us On Facebook -